Two of my kids are back in school and Lele has been going to track out camp until she starts school. So I have been working on fun lunches and snacks. When the kids get home from school, I love spending a few minutes over a snack and hearing about their day. I think this is so important before they get into their afternoon routine. Spending a few minutes with my kids is so important to me and the kids.
When I made these apple nachos, it was such a fun afternoon. We laughed and the kids talked about their first day of school. It was good snack to get them through the afternoon and hold them over until dinner. It really was a great afternoon. We ate , we talked, we laughed, they played and we did homework.
I used Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples, I like the mixture of them. I use an apple slice and then I slice the apples in half again. I mix them apple slices with a little maple syrup and cinnamon. Throw them in the oven for about 5 minutes. By throw, I mean bake them. Pull them out of the oven and drizzle peanut butter. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts on top of them. Now you are done. I’m telling you this is such a great snack.
Snack time from my Kitchen 💕
- 2-3 Granny Smith apples
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼-⅓ cup peanut butter
- Handful of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking tray with sides with parchment paper.
- Slice apples about ¼”-½” thick and spread out on the prepared tray.
- Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and drizzle apples with maple syrup. Mix together with your hands and spread out on the tray.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Immediately after removing the tray from the oven, drizzle peanut butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle it with chocolate chips and nuts.