Creamy Chicken Pasta
A few weeks ago I decided to start using rotisserie chicken for meals. I mean I can get at least one dinner from one of these chicken. This is my second recipe with a rotisserie chicken I am sharing with you. My first recipe was my baked chicken taquitos, which is an all time favorite of mine. I am gonna be honest with you on why I am using a rotisserie chicken. They are $5 from Costco. I mean how can you beat that? With the cost of food rising, I am looking for ways to cut cost.
I needed an easy meal one night and the kids wanted pasta, so I threw this dinner and it was good. The kids begged for it for lunch the next day. I love that it took less than 30 minutes to make. Usually I buy the chicken the day before I plan to use it. I take all the chicken off the whole chicken and stick the chicken in the fridge. I find it easier to take the chicken off when it is warm, a trick my bestie taught me. A trick I want to teach you.
While I was cooking the pasta, I made the sauce and reheated the chicken in the sauce. The sauce is so easy to make and then I add the chicken to the sauce. And throw in the pasta, so it is covered in the sauce. I mean so easy. Everyone loved this dinner. Jimmy took it to work for a night he was closing and he loved it.
My goal is to continue to create dinners with rotisserie chicken, so stay tuned!!
That’s What Is Happening In My Kitchen 💕
- 16 oz uncooked pasta
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ cups of chicken broth
- Juice from a lemon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 cups of rotisserie chicken shredded
- ⅔ cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, boil water, make sure to add salt. I cook my pasta for about 2 minutes of the recommended time on the package. Drain pasta when done.
- As soon as you put your pasta in the boiling water, make the sauce. Add the butter to a heated large skillet. Once the butter is melted, add the flour. Stir until the flour is mixed in with the butter. Add in the garlic and stir.
- Slowly add the chicken broth/stock to the pan. Add juice from 1 lemon, mix together until combined.
- Slowly add in the cream, mix until combined.
- Mix in the rotisserie chicken. Stir until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the cheese and mix until combined.
- Mix in cooked pasta and ½ cup pasta water in with the sauce and chicken.
TipsYou can use regular chicken breast, but I find a rotisserie chicken to be easier. You can add lemon zest if desired or omit lemon if you want.
I’m Billie, a recipe creator, food photographer, a girl that just loves to be in the kitchen and a travel lover. more >