Healthy Shrimp Scampi
This dinner is definitely a favorite of mine. One it is delicious. Two it’s shrimp. Three it’s so easy to make. I could make this every week for dinner and wouldn’t get sick of it. I use shrimp from a local seafood guy, because he has the best shrimp. I think it is so important to use good ingredients and I love shopping local. My seafood guy is the best.
I learned years ago to use pasta water for a lot of dishes. Maybe from Giadi on the Food Network? Not sure if that is where I learned it, but I will say I am so glad I did. It makes a huge difference in so many of my pasta dishes. It adds a lot of flavor and not the calories. I only add a little bit of white and only 1 tbsp of butter!! I add a little bit of red pepper to my recipe, but you don’t have to. This dish isn’t lacking any flavor.
Top this dish with a little bit of fresh Parmesan cheese and little bit of fresh parsley.
That’s the Dish from my Kitchen to your Kitchen 💕
- 1 ½ pounds of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup white wine
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- 1 box of Barilla protein angel hair pasta
- In a large pot, boil your water for the pasta. Make sure to add salt to your water. Cook past until almost done. 1-2 minutes short of being fully cooked
- While the pasta water is boiling and cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add minced garlic, red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp, butter and white wine,, cook for a few minutes before turning each shrimp.
- When shrimp is almost cooked, add pasta and about 2 cups of pasta water. Shrimp and pasta will finish cooking.
- Add chopped parsley and a little bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh parmesan cheese.