Mahi Mahi Rice Bowl
Now that the kids are here and in school, I need some easy meals to cook at night. I love that this rice bowl is super easy to make and it is delicious. Plus I love rice bowls, they fill me up.
I start by making the marinade in the morning and letting the fish marinade all day. Once I get ready to cook dinner, it takes less that 30 minutes to get it on the table. I also don’t like cooking rice and we love the Trader’s Joes frozen brown rice in our home. I like to get to get the peppers, avocados and limes chopped before cooking the fish. The fish takes about 10 minutes to grill. So once the fish is done, I like to have the bowls ready. So it is easy to get dinner on the table.
You can definitely substitute a different fish you would like. Mahi Mahi is one of my favorites, so I tend to stick with this fish. Honestly you could substitute chicken, steak or shrimp for the fish if you wanted.
That’s the Dish from my Kitchen to your Kitchen 💕
- 1 ½ pound of Mahi Mahi
- Zest and juice from 2 limes
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp chili lime seasoning
- ½ chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Bowl-Rice (cook rice per directions), avocado, orange/yellow pepper, cheese, cilantro and lime
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime zest, juice, lemon zest, juice, olive oil, minced garlic, chili lime seasoning, most of the cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over the fish and marinade for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill.
- While the grill is preheating, start chopping your peppers, avocados and lime.
- Place fish and marinade onto a piece of tin foil, sprinkle the remaining cilantro on top of the fish, wrap and place on the grill.
- Grill the fish for 5 minutes before carefully flipping the mahi mahi to grill for another 5 minutes. Cook time will vary depending on thickness of fish.
- Let the fish rest while preparing your rice bowl.
- Place rice in the bottom of 4 bowls. Top each bowl with yellow/orange peppers, chopped avocado, cilantro, limes. Slice fish and place on top of rice in the bowl.