Maple Brown Sugar Iced Latte
My favorite coffee drink is an iced caramel macchiato. It has been my favorite drink for years and year!! However I have seen so many different brown sugar iced coffees, so I thought I will try and make one. It was delicious and Lele loved it too.
I am not a huge simple syrup person, but this drink requires one. I add the brown sugar, water, maple syrup and cinnamon to a pot. I let it cook until it becomes almost like a syrup texture. By making this simple syrup, it mixes so much better in the iced coffee. You can use espresso shots or cold brew, both work wonderful. I use the maple oat milk from Trader Joes, but really any milk will work.
So cheers to the beginning of November and the busiest months of the year.
That’t the Dish from My Kitchen to Your Kitchen 💕
- 6 tbsp water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 6 oz of espresso
- 2 cups maple oat milk or plain oat milk
- In a small saucepan add water, brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon. Bring to a slow boil. Let boil for about 2 minutes, you want it to become a syrup-like texture. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In 2 separate glasses add 2 tbsp of the syrup to each glass. Add 3-4 oz of espresso to each glass and mix together.
- Add ice to each glass.
- Pour milk over the espresso.
- Top with a cinnamon stick and cinnamon sugar.