Overnight Apple French Toast Casserole
I love breakfast and I love easy breakfast meals on some days. French toast is one of all time favorites, especially the french toast out in Vegas. But sometimes I know time won’t have time to stand there and flip french toast. So I will make an overnight french toast casserole. This apple overnight french toast casserole is one of my favorites. I love how the apples add a little bit of sweetness, plus a little texture to go with the casserole. It is so good together.
Let’s talk about how to make this. First I love to use brown sugar bread. My favorite is from Martin’s, but there are other brands out there. You can also use a cinnamon or raisin one. Those are really good too. I cube or rip the bread into pieces and place in a greased 9″x13″ dish. I mix the eggs, milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Pour this mixture over the bread. Covered the dish and place in the refrigerator. I like to make the topping at the same time and place in the fridge too.
This is one of my favorite meals to make for when we have overnight guests or I will make it on Sunday and the can eat it for breakfast. All I do is put it in the microwave for a few minutes to warm it up. Grab the recipes and make it for breakfast. Trust me everyone will love it.
Love From My Kitchen 💕
- 1 loaf of Martins Brown Sugar Bread (you can use cinnamon raisin or cinnamon sugar)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 apples peeled and diced
- Topping-1 cup of flour, ¾ cup brown sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp salt ½ cup cold butter cubed
- Grease a 9”x13” pan with butter or baking spray.
- Cube the bread and place into the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Once completely mixed add the diced apples. Pour mixture over the bread.
- Cover the mixture and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- While the oven is preheating, make the topping. Mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add the cubed butter and use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter or you can make this ahead of time and place it in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle the topping on top of the french toast casserole. Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
- Serve with additional fruit on top if desired, maple syrup or cinnamon sugar.