I have many taco recipes on the blog and fish tacos are one of my favorite things. I always say fish tacos are the way to my heart. I have been play with different salmon recipes and finally have a salmon taco recipe that I love. I made these salmon tacos and became obsessed with them. I can’t wait for you to try them. I know you will love them too.
I make the seasoning and let it sit on the salmon for about an hour in the fridge. This really helped the seasoning to really get inside the salmon. Add a little lime juice to the salmon and cooked the salmon on the grill in tin foil. (I am all about easy clean up) While the salmon was cooking I started getting the avocado sauce ready. I will say you definitely need a ripe avocado, it needs to be soft.
This recipe is pretty easy to make. I have a friend that heats her tortilla shells up on her gas stove. Ever since we moved into this house and we have a gas stove. I have been heating my shells on the stove too. I love this was.
That’s the Dish from my Kitchen to your Kitchen 💕
- 1 ½ pounds of salmon
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- Zest from two small limes or 1 large lime
- Avocado Sauce-1 medium ripe Hass avocado, ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, ½ tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt, pepper, Juice from 3 smalls limes, ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together chipotle powder, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, cumin, paprika and lime zest.
- Pat the salmon dry. Coat with seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the salmon is marinating, preheat the grill.
- Place the salmon in tin foil and juice from the limes. Grill for 20 minutes or until done.
- Let salmon rest in tin foil while finishing prepping for the tacos.
- Avocado Sauce-in a blender had the peeled avocado, yogurt, olive oil, salt, pepper, lime juice and cilantro. You might need to add a little more lime juice, if your avocado isn’t really ripe.
- Warm up tortilla shells as desired. I cook mine a little bit on my gas stove.