Last fall for my birthday we went away for vacation to Arizona. We stopped at a Brewery out there that we love. Their food and beer are delicious. This time instead of ordering a beer, I went with a mimosa flight. I am so glad I did. I tried a few different flavors, like guava, pineapple, mango and I can’t remember the last one. I will say they were really good. But it got me thinking of all the different ones I could make.
I went with strawberry this time. First strawberries are in season and second it’s perfect for Mother’s Day. They made there’s with puree fruit for some, others had juice and I think one had a flavor. They puree was thick and I wanted a thinner puree. I thought why not soak the fruit in champagne and puree the fruit with the champagne.
If you know me at all, you know I like a splash of juice with my champagne. However with this drink I am filling the glasses about 1/3 full with the strawberry champagne puree.
So Cheers from my Kitchen to your Kitchen 💕
- 1 cup fresh strawberries hulled and cleaned
- 1 bottle of champagne
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp honey optional
- In a bowl with a lead add strawberries, pour champagne until strawberries are covered. Freeze for 20 minutes or chill for 1 hour.
- Add champagne soaked strawberries and champagne from bowl to a blender. Add lemon and honey (if adding honey), pulse until a puree forms. About 5 times.
- Pour strawberry puree into glasses, ⅓-½ full.
- Top each glass with champagne.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry.
- Serve and enjoy.